MET13499Regular price $490.00
MET never compromises on safety or performance. By adding Mips AIR®, we have integrated into the padding, the lightest and most advanced rotational management system.
Mips AIR® was specifically developed and designed to be the lightest system possible to reduce rotational energies transferred to the head during specific angular impacts. Unlike traditional Mips cages, Mips AIR® is integrated into the padding of the Trenta 3k Carbon and enables 10-15mm of relative movement between the energy absorbing layer and the padding.
The construction of the MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is the highest level on the market. Our R&D team have taken advantage of carbon fibre’s elastic modulus which allows us to reduce the density of the EPS foam by 20%, without affecting the capacity of the helmet to absorb energy. The result is a lightweight yet better-performing shell that sets a new standard for ventilated helmet design.
Dedicated sunglasses ports with rubberised grips for securely stowing your shades when they aren't on your face.
We built the MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® in such a way that only 30% of the head will be in contact with the helmet when you’re wearing it. This allows the other 70% to benefit from the optimised airflow passing through the internal cavity, keeping you cooler as you ride.
The low profile Kamm tail of the helmet also has an aerodynamic purpose. It works in synergy with the NACA front vent and the rear deflector to effectively drive airflow, and was developed through specific wind-tunnel testing in the NEWTON laboratory of Milan.
The back of a helmet has a huge impact on how well ventilated it is, with the exit of warm air from within a key priority. The MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® features a flat rear deflector inclined at 25°, which makes it possible to include two wide exhausts that optimise airflow when you’re on the drops and riding hard.
Originally developed by NACA, precursor to NASA, the position of an inlet at the front of the helmet harnesses the power of the Venturi effect, pushing out warm air within the helmet through specially positioned exhaust ports. This ensures constant airflow through the helmet, without creating drag.
First time online purchase only T&Cs* | Enter WELCOME20 at checkout