The BB30 standard opened up design possibilities for frames. Adapting it for Shimano cranks takes a special machined aluminum threaded bottom bracket that threads into itself.
Ours are finished with CeramicSpeed Bearings. You have two choices in terms of bearings. The first choice is our low drag, long life standard bearing, with hardened-steel races and our super round CeramicSpeed Balls. The second choice is our coated bearing, which uses those same balls installed on coated, hardened-steel races for longer life and less bearing drag.
- This bottom bracket works with cranks that have 24mm thru-axle spindles.
- Bottom brackets have several variables, but within that, CeramicSpeed standard Bearings typically have frictional drag of 0.3-0.4 watts per set. That’s in the range of a 75% drag reduction compared to standard bottom brackets. That’s thanks to balls that are 100% smoother and 15% harder than the ceramic competition. The CeramicSpeed Bearings last at least three times longer than other bearings.
- Coated Bearings see another big bump in performance. The coated races see a 50% drag reduction and an improvement in bearing life of 60%.
- Performance can be tuned by changing the grease. All Round Grease comes installed, but can be changed for lower drag TT and Track Grease, or higher durability LongLife Grease, which adds a bit of drag but stays in when riding through messy conditions.
In The Box
- 1 bottom bracket with bearings installed.
- 2 dust covers installed.
- 10ml CeramicSpeed All Round Grease.
- Sticker sheet.