Favero Assioma Duo-Shi Cycling Power Meter Pedals
00772-02-ShiRegular price $1,090.00 Sale price $929.00 Save $161.00
Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter: All you Need to Know
Designed for the compatibility with Shimano® road
Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter has been designed for Shimano® road users, as it offers the opportunity to keep on riding with your current Shimano® pedal bodies* without giving up on the trustability and precision of Assioma.
Installation into your own Shimano® pedal bodies
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter into your own compatible Shimano® pedal bodies* is simple and quick. Watch our video for the installation.
*Compatible Shimano® pedal bodies
Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540.
The Q-factor of Assioma Look® whereas that of Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter measures +64mm with the PD-R7000/R550/R540 pedal bodies and +65mm with the PD-R8000/6800.
Despite an initial concern related to the increase of the q-factor for Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter, we decided to proceed with the project considering that body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining which is the best q-factor for each one of us.
A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has eventually validated the product.
Easy to install
Install and move your Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter from one bike to another just like your normal pedals. You can do it easily and without extra tools or the need for a mechanic.
IAV Cycling Dynamics
Assioma provides advanced metrics called IAV Cycling Dynamics: IAV Power Phase and IAV Rider Position. These metrics, combined with the classic power data permit you to analyze in detail your pedaling technique and how your position on the bike influences performance.
IAV Power and gyroscope
Unlike others, the measurement of Assioma is not affected by errors related to very irregular pedaling (e.g. uphill sprints) or the use of oval chainrings. This is because Assioma can detect the actual instantaneous angular velocity during the whole pedal stroke, thus providing ±1% accuracy in any conditions. Not only in the lab.
Bluetooth and ANT+
Assioma communicates with bike computers and smartphones (both Android and iOS) via Bluetooth and ANT+.
Real dual-sided power data
Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter measures power individually on both legs; this makes possible to observe with accuracy not only Total Power, but also L/R Balance, Torque Effectiveness (TE), Pedal Smoothness (PS), etc.
Accuracy and consistency
Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter guarantees accurate and consistent data in all conditions on the road, and at any temperature ranging from -10°C and 60°C, thanks also to the ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation).
Waterproof and resistant
The power sensors are protected by a bi-component resin block, extremely resistant to shocks and completely waterproof.
Rechargeable and green
Assioma is the only pedal-based power meter for road with integrated rechargeable batteries; a single charge ensures at least 50 hours of use.
Tested and guaranteed
Favero Electronics produces every power meter in-house and tests each of them thoroughly to fully satisfy the standard required by current regulations.
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter in your own pedal bodies is simple and quick. We have prepared a handy video on this, which will guide you through the procedure.
*The compatible pedal bodies with Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter are: Shimano® PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540.
Increased Q-factor? Yes but...!Unlike the Look® version for Assioma (+54mm), Assioma DUO-Shi’s Pedal Power Meter q-factor is +64mm with PD-R7000/R550/R540 pedal bodies and +65mm with PD-R8000/6800.
Despite the fact that an increase in the q-factor was initially seen with some concern, we have decided to carry on with the project considering that our body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining what’s the best q-factor for each one of us.
A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has validated the product.
Can I convert the Assioma Look® version into an Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter?
The conversion of your own Assioma (Look® version) into an Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter is not possible because of the following:
- The Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter sensor undergoes a different factory calibration, necessary to guarantee seamless compatibility with the Shimano® system
- Assioma DUO-Shi, unlike the Look® version, has an oil retainer directly glued to the axle
Despite these differences between the two products, the technology implemented to measure power is the same.
Accurate and coherent data in all conditions, for precise and reliable training aimed at fine-tuning your cycling performance!
- Power sensors for the right and left pedal
- Dual-sided power measurement
- Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt
- Gyroscope: included, inbuilt
- Power calculation system: IAV (Instantaneous Angular Velocity-based)
- IAV Cycling Dynamics: yes
- Oval-chainring compatible: yes
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter without pedal bodies: 99,0g per side (battery included)
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter with PD-R8000 pedal body: 157,0g per side (battery included)
- Adapter’s material: aerospace aluminium alloy
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: at least 50 hours
- Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
- Accuracy power measurement: ± 1%
- Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
- Waterproofness rating: IP67
- Q-factor with:
- PD-R7000/R550/R540: +64 mm
- PD-R8000/6800: +65 mm
- Bike type: road
- Made in Italy
- Warranty: 2 years
How much does Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter weigh?
The weight of Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter varies according to the pedal body in which it is installed!
Find out how much yours:
Total weight with the Ultegra PD-R8000: 157.0g per side
Total weight with the 105 PD-R7000: 161.3g per side
Total weight with the Ultegra PD-6800: 161.3g per side
Total weight with the PD-R550: 176.0g per side
Total weight with the PD-R540: 186.0 g per side
- Left power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
- Right power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
- Battery charger including plugs (EU, US, UK, AU)
- 2 two-meter long micro-USB/USB cables with 2 magnetic connectors
- Hex key and 4 washers for the installation
- Assioma user manual
- Assioma DUO-Shi Pedal Power Meter user manual