Continental GP 4000S II: Race with Confidence in All Conditions
Featuring a 30% increase in grip in wet condition, a 26% reduction in rolling resistance, and a 5% increase in mileage, the GP4000S II Road Tyre offers the most complete package to racing cycles and recreational cyclists alike. Enjoy the tyre that is embraced by many professionals and ride in comfort and confidence.
Continental GP 4000S II: Performance Technology
The ContinentalGP400S II Road Tyre features the impressive Vectran™ Breaker. This high-end synthetic material has huge tear resistance despite being light in weight and provides excellent puncture protection. All-round, this means that your GP 4000S II tyres can be used throughout the year. The use of the BlackChili Compound in these GP 4000S II Road Tyre delivers top-tier performance as the mix of synthetic and natural rubbers surpass all expectations of rolling resistance and grip.
- Material:BlackChili Rubber Compound
- Vectran™ breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection
- Lower rolling resistance
- Increased grip in wet conditions
- BlackChili Compound: Continental refines newly developed synthetic rubbers with natural rubber with the proven high-performance tread compound. The GP4000S II uses these rubbers with special nanometric carbon soot particles, which are optimised in shape and surface properties for best uses for the intended tyre. Tyres with BlackChili Compound reach an unprecedented level of performance. Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30% higher friction value (grip) and a 5% increase in mileage.
- Vectran™ Breaker: Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk, like Vectran, has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight – exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bike tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
|ETRTO||Size||Weight||Bead||Technology||PSI – Rec.
|PSI – Max
|25-622||700 x 25C||225||Folding||Vectran Breaker||95||120||3/330|